Our new Summer Menu is now available to view below:
We start with week 1, week commencing Monday 23rd April:
Our school lunchtime lasts from 12.00 – 1.00 pm (KS1) and 12.15 – 1.15pm (KS2), and the youngest children always eat together first.
For lunch children can choose to bring a packed lunch or have a school dinner, (or have lunch at home though this doesn’t happen very often).
Our School Dinners are prepared and cooked on site in our new kitchen and are very popular. The emphasis is on fresh, locally supplied produce and ingredients, and our lunches meet the current National Nutritional Standards. (We have also been awarded a “5 Star” hygiene rating by the local District Council).
We operate a 3 week cycle of menus which is reviewed and changed from time to time – copies are sent home regularly to parents.
There is a choice each day between 2 hot meals (1 vegetarian) and a cold choice.
Every morning during registration, children decide whether to have a hot, cold, or vegetarian option.
The cost of a school dinner for KS2 children is £2.00 per day – this can be paid for on the day but it is very helpful if meals can be paid for in advance at the beginning of the week.
If you decide for your child to have school meals following these points would be helpful to office staff:
- Please where possible pay for meals on Monday – even if they are to be taken later in the week.
- All meals must be paid for in advance or on the day.
- One cheque will suffice for all children in the family having meals.
- Please mark the envelope with the child’s/children’s name and class and how much to be set against each child and the days meals should be taken.
- Cheques should be made payable to RAYNE PRIMARY AND NURSERY SCHOOL.
- All money should be given to your child in an envelope with their name and class on to be given to the class teacher. (Money envelopes are available from the School Office – £1.10).
- Unfortunately if your child falls into arrears for school meals you will be asked to provide a packed lunch until the arrears are paid up to date.
Could we please ask that you do not include fizzy drinks, sweets or chocolate bars and also remember that we are a nut free school as we do have some children with severe nut allergies.
With advance notice, our school cook can also cater for any special dietary requirements – just let the school office know.
There have been many reports nationally concerning the contamination of meat and we would like to reassure you that all meat used in our school kitchen is supplied by Colne Valley Butchers and is locally sourced.